This job is a key role in the New Century Warehouse team. In this role you will be part of the New Century team and will be responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework.
So what do you do?
- Your role will consist of supervising the warehouse operations at our New Century KS plant. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead daily shift meeting. Foster a positive work environment through inclusion, and active communication with all union associates and managers. It is very crucial to show leadership to all staffs with respect and be there for the associates to answer all questions and listen to their concerns
- Supervising warehouse staffs and daily activities
- Daily review inventory level, inventory movements in WMS to ensure we are always in control of the stock and to provide troubleshooting and corrective actions in a timely manner
- Performing a daily inspection of the warehouse grounds. All area of the warehouse must be visited at least once/shift. Note and report back to the warehouse manager if there are issues. While inspecting the warehouse, promote positive work environment, greeting, showing respect for all associates is a must
- Supervise and coordinate staff responsibilities to ensure smooth and efficient operation of warehouse receiving, inventory control, and delivery functions
- Perform behavior-based safety observations, document, and track performance.
- Ensure proper staffing levels are maintained and execute accurately against the union contractual agreement.
- Perform process audits to ensure the workforce is executing to the established standard.
- Managing workflow processes to ensure deliverables are met within established metrics
- Maintaining records, reporting relevant information, and preparing any necessary documentation.
- Drive and develop a culture focused on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and People.
- Train, lead, and develop direct reports to elevate performance and increase capabilities within the warehouse team.
- Manage the maintenance and repair of PIT fleet.
- Communicate, both verbally and written, with all levels of the organization
What do you need to bring to the table?
- Must be a team player. Strong interpersonal skills and experience in providing direction to a team of employees
- Strong sense of ownership
- Experience with different system and quick to adapt to new technologies and implementations:
- WMS – Software for managing warehouse processes and logistics. Years of experience preferred: 2-3
- SAP (e.g., APO IBP) experience
- MS Office (e.g., Outlook, Excel, MS Teams) experience
- Yard Management System is a plus
- Experience supervising warehouse inventory and workers
- Experience with and knowledge of methods to improve business processes to increase efficiency and quality of outcomes
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge/general understanding about supplier and customer procedures that may affect warehouse operations
- Knowledge of or experience the flow of goods from the point of origin to the point of consumption
- Knowledge of or experience with shipping and receiving processes and procedures
- Being able to balance a heavy workload and time constraints while managing and delegating other employees
- Fluent in English
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic. We’ve got iconic brands like Rama, Country Crock, Blue Band and Flora that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We are a highly entrepreneurial fast-paced team running a multi-billion Euro business across 60+ countries with the mind-set of a start-up! We are agile, creative, fast-to-market and obsessed with customers and consumers.
- City New Century